1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We gather certain information automatically, some of which may be considered personal information under applicable law.
We may collect, among other things, the following types of information:
- Address (including billing and shipping address)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Professional information, such as employer or organizational affiliation for a customer or partner
- Any data in any files uploaded, emailed or otherwise provided by customers for support and QA
- Operating system type and version, web server type and version, database type and version
- Unique IDs such as a cookie placed on a computer or mobile device, or device IDs
- IP address or MAC address, and information derived from an IP or MAC address, such as geographic location
- Website server log information automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page, which may include information such as your web queries or navigation requests, browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address, number of clicks on website hyperlinks, the domain names visited, landing pages visited, and web pages viewed
- Browsing activities, cookies and similar data, and platform or mobile application use data
- Referring domain, destination domain and destination path
- Geolocational data, including latitudinal and longitudinal data
- User IDs and passwords for customers with accounts at deborahlippmann.com
- Information about the performance, security, software configuration and availability of our software on your servers and network
- Website user statistics and website and portal use and viewing activity records
- Communication preferences
- Other similar information
We may also collect information, including personal information, in the following situations:
- Registration, purchase and use of deborahlippmann.com: Information such as name, email address, telephone number, company/organization and other information, may be collected in connection with registration for, purchase of or use of the deborahlippmann.com Services (for example, to sign-up for and log into the deborahlippmann.com Services). Customers may update their information by logging into their account. Information may also be collected to track deborahlippmann.com use.
- Communications: Personal information such as name, email address, and other information, may be collected, when provided in any communications, whether via email, social media, telephone or otherwise.
- Support: Personal information may be collected in connection with customer support, whether via email, social media, telephone or otherwise.
- Surveys and Research: We may collect personal information from anyone participating in research and surveys.
- User Comments and Content: If you post any comments or content on our website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there may be read, collected, or used by third parties. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit and we cannot guarantee that third parties have not made copies of or will not use such information in any way.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
deborahlippmann.com may use the information, including personal information, collected in connection with the deborahlippmann.com Services for the purpose of providing the Services to our customers, as well as for supporting our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, analytics and legal functions, and other legitimate purposes.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and, for customer data, as permitted by our customer agreements, we may use information collected in connection with our Services:
- To operate the deborahlippmann.com Services and provide support.
- To fulfill customer requests, such as to create a deborahlippmann.com Services account.
- To communicate with our customers; to inform customers and users of products, programs, services and promotions.
- To send customers information regarding the deborahlippmann.com Services and issues specifically affecting deborahlippmann.com Services.
- To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback provided to us.
- To support and personalize our Services, websites, mobile services, and advertising.
- In the case of server logs, to help us statistically monitor how many people are using our site and for what purpose.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services, content, and our business.
- To provide support
- For benchmarking, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the deborahlippmann.com Services, facilitating product, software and applications development, improving our services, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes.
- To meet our contractual requirements, to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies, and to protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
- For any other lawful purpose for which the information is provided.
Aggregate Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use, process, transfer, and store any data about individuals and customers or partners in an anonymous (or pseudonymous) and aggregated manner. We may combine personal information with other information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We may also use information in other ways with consent or as permitted by applicable law. By using the deborahlippmann.com Services, our customers agree that we are hereby licensed to collect, use, share and store anonymized (or pseudonymized) aggregated data collected through the deborahlippmann.com Services for benchmarking, analytics, A/B testing, metrics, research, reporting, machine learning and other business purposes.
Automated Decisions. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may collect data in an automated manner and make automated decisions, including using machine learning algorithms, about individual users of the deborahlippmann.com Services in order to provide or optimize the deborahlippmann.com Services offered and/or delivered, for security or analytics purposes, and for any other lawful purpose.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, deborahlippmann.com may share and disclose information, including personal information, as set forth below:
- Customers. We may share information with our customers and their service providers and other platforms that may assist those customers.
- Affiliates and Agents. We may share information with our affiliates or any business partners or agents acting on our behalf.
- Service Providers. We may share information with our service providers, agents, vendors and other third parties we use to support and advertise the deborahlippmann.com Services and our business. We share personal information with such third parties to the extent necessary to provide services to us, and pursuant to binding contractual obligations.
- Advertising and Marketing. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may share information with third parties for marketing, advertising, promotions, contests, or other similar purposes. If required by applicable law, we will share such data for advertising and marketing purposes only in an aggregate, anonymous, and de-identified manner.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures. We may share, disclose or transfer information to a buyer, investor, new affiliate, or other successor in the event deborahlippmann.com, or any affiliate, portion, group or business unit thereof, undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, liquidation or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale or other transfer of all or a portion of any assets of deborahlippmann.com or any affiliates or during steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., negotiations and due diligence).
- Law Enforcement and National Security. We may share information with legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or to comply with any law or directive, judicial or administrative order, legal process or investigation, warrant, subpoena, government request, regulatory request, law enforcement or national security investigation, or as otherwise required or authorized by law.
- Protection of Rights, Property or Safety. We may also share information if, in our sole discretion, we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of any person, or if we suspect fraud or other illegal activity.
We may use the following types of cookies and similar technologies:
- Strictly necessary cookies required for the operation of the deborahlippmann.com Services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas.
- Analytical/performance cookies that collect information about how you use the deborahlippmann.com Services. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic analysis services.
- Functionality cookies that remember choices you make and recognize you when you return. This enables us to personalize our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies that collect information about your browsing habits such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests, and, if we enable advertising, to make advertising more relevant to you, as well as to limit the number of times you see an ad. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organizations, for example, advertisers.
Most internet browsers accept cookies by default. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to reject all or some cookies. The help and support area on your internet browser should have instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you to when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all of the features available through the deborahlippmann.com Services.
For more information, visit the help page for your web browser or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org or visit www.youronlinechoices.com which has further information about behavioral advertising and online privacy.
5. DATA RETENTION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may retain information for as long as the account of the customer for whom we collected the information is active, for at least twenty-four (24) months thereafter, or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide the deborahlippmann.com Services or as needed for other lawful purposes. We may retain cached or archived copies of information. We may retain anonymized or pseudonymized, aggregated data indefinitely, to the extent permitted under applicable law. We may be required to retain some data for a longer period of time because of various laws and regulations or because of contractual obligations. We also will retain information as long as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
6. CHOICES AND OPT-OUT
To the extent required by applicable law, or in our discretion otherwise, we will allow customers and individuals to limit use of personal information. If at any time after providing us with your personal information such information changes or you change your mind about receiving information from us, you may request access to your data or that your data be changed.
If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt-out of receiving them at any time by following the instructions included in each communication, by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. CROSS-DEVICE TRACKING
When you use your mobile device to interact with us or use the deborahlippmann.com Services, we may receive information about your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We and our service providers and third parties we collaborate with, including ad networks, may use cross-device/cross-context tracking. For example, you might use multiple browsers on a single device, or use various devices (such as desktops, smartphones, and tablets), which can result in your having multiple accounts or profiles across these various contexts and devices. Cross-device/cross-context technology may be used to connect these various accounts or profiles and the corresponding data from the different contexts and devices.
8. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We provide you with a means for submitting your resume or other personal information through our website for consideration for employment opportunities at deborahlippmann.com. Personal information received through resume submissions will be kept confidential. We may contact you for additional information to supplement your resume, and we may use your personal information within deborahlippmann.com, or keep it on file for future use, as we make our hiring decisions.
9. THIRD PARTY SITES
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of personal information, we employ procedural and technological measures that are reasonably designed to help safeguard the information we collect, including storing all personal information in secure databases protected via a variety of industry-standard access and security controls and procedures. Only authorized deborahlippmann.com personnel have access to the personal information, including server logs and cookie utilization data, that we collect. These individuals are required to follow strict security policies and procedures deborahlippmann.com may use encryption, secure socket layer, firewall, password protection and other physical security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to such. deborahlippmann.com may also place internal restrictions on who in the company may access data to help prevent unauthorized access to such information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do not warrant or represent that personal information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
If you use our Site and Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access information and password. You are responsible for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password. We cannot secure any personal information that you release on your own, that you request us to release or that is released through another third party to whom you’ve given access.
Where required under applicable law or by contract, we will notify the appropriate parties or individuals of any loss, misuse or alteration of personal information so that such parties or individuals can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of their rights. If such personal information is information of a deborahlippmann.com customer, we will notify such customer and coordinate with them regarding any required notices to particular individuals.
12. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
The deborahlippmann.com Services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world, including the United States and other countries. Therefore, personal information about individuals or customers may be transferred, processed and stored outside the country where the deborahlippmann.com Services are used, including to countries outside the European Union (“EU”), European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, where the level of data protection may not be deemed adequate by the European Commission.
13. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use may be entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about customer information we have shared, if any, with other businesses for such other businesses’ own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of resident information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such resident information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please contact us as indicated below. Please include sufficient personal identification information so that we can process the request, including that you are a California resident.
14. QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
CLASS ACTION WAIVER. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
The material displayed on the Site may not be downloaded other than for non-commercial, personal use only and then only provided that the copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials are retained.
The content of the Site may be changed, removed deleted or added to at our discretion, and may not be distributed, modified or used without Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C.'s written permission.
Access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws and will be construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of New York. By accessing and using the site you submit to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court, Southern District of New York and the Supreme Court of the State of New York . By accessing, using and browsing the Site, the Terms and Conditions, without limitation or qualification, are accepted.
Terms and Conditions
1. Everything on this Web Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C..
2. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C.. The use of these images is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
3. The trademarks Deborah Lippmann, the logo and all the product names are trademarks of Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C.. All other trademarks displayed on the site are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks displayed on the Site without the written permission of Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C. or such third party that own the trademarks displayed on the Site; use of or appearance of trademark or copyrighted material owned by third parties does not imply the endorsement of Deborah Lippmann or it's products by such third party. Use of the trademarks or other materials displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as and according to these Terms and Conditions, is completely prohibited.
4. Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C. makes no warranties or representations as to accuracy or completeness of this web site or any web sites linked to this site or to the status or correctness of such links. Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C. will not be liable for any damages, problems or difficulties, consequential or otherwise, arising out of access to, or use of, the contents of the site or any other linked site. by using and accessing this web site, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C. for any and all results, liabilities, costs, expenses including attorney's fees or damages resulting from such use or access.
5. Any communication or material sent to www.deborahlippmannn.com
will be considered non confidential and will become the property of Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C. which reserves the right to use and reproduce same for any purpose whatsoever, including the collection of sales and use data for sale or lease to third parties. You agree that Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C. may use and/ or disclose information about your demographics and use of the site in any manner that does not reveal your identity.
6. Archiving, redistribution, republication or derivation of any information contained or downloaded from this site, in any medium, including but not limited to electronic, CD-ROM, or database, or publication in print, requires the written consent of Lippmann Enterprises, L.L.C. management.
7. As you browse deborahlippmann.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with deborahlippmann.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
8. COLORS: We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear at the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of such natural person; and
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Our legal bases for the processing of Personal Data are: (i) consent or (ii) any other applicable legal bases, such as our legitimate interest in engaging in commerce, offering products and services of value to the customers of the Deborahlippmann.com Services, preventing fraud, ensuring information and network security, direct marketing and advertising, and complying with industry practices.
Additional Rights for European Residents. As a resident of the EU or a country following substantially similar legislation regarding the protection of Personal Data, individuals may have one or more of the following additional rights:
Access. To request a copy of the Personal Data we have collected about you by contacting us.
Rectification & Erasure. To request that we rectify or delete any of the Personal Data about you that is incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated.
Objection. To object, at any time, to Personal Data about you being Processed for direct marketing purposes.
Restriction of Processing. To request restriction of Processing of Personal Data about you for certain reasons, such as, for example, if you consider Personal Data about you collected by us to be inaccurate or you have objected to the Processing and the existence of legitimate grounds for Processing is still under consideration.
Data Portability. To request and receive the Personal Data we have collected about you in a commonly used and machine-readable form.
Right to Withdraw Consent. If Personal Data about you is processed solely based on your consent and not for any other legitimate interest, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our Processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn, including processing related to existing contracts for our products and services.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with a DPA. If you believe our Processing of Personal Data about you is inconsistent with the applicable data protection laws, to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory data protection authority (“DPA”).
To exercise any of the above listed rights, please contact us as set forth below and provide sufficient details so that we can respond appropriately. We will process any requests in accordance with applicable law and within a reasonable period of time. We may need to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request before we can address such request. If the request relates to data our customers collect and process through the Deborahlippmann.com Services, we will refer the request to that customer and will support them in responding to the request. For Deborahlippmann.com customers, certain information may be reviewed, corrected and updated by logging into the Deborahlippmann.com Services account and editing the profile information.
Compelled Disclosures. Deborahlippmann.com may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.